10/5/08

Praise

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jon_heyman/10/05/sabathia/index.html?eref=T1

Quote:
The Yankees, whose overall revenue will skyrocket to a sport-high $400 million-plus next year, are expected to make a big pitch for Sabathia, who said after the Brewers were eliminated with a 6-2 Phillies victory that he'd consider any team that shows interest this winter, including the Brewers, the Yankees or anyone else.

Sabathia, 28, had only positive words for Milwaukee. "I'd be lying if I didn't say it was one of the better times in my life and my career,'' he said. "I enjoyed my time here and we accomplished a lot.'' He also complimented interim manager Dale Sveum, pitching coach Mike Maddux and many of his Brewers teammates.

But Sabathia also said, "I'll play anywhere,'' and kept the Yankees in play, saying of New York, "I enjoy that city. They've got a brand new stadium. We'll have to see what happens.''

"'Coming to a new city showed me it's pretty much the same anywhere,'' he said.
...

Sabathia took a swipe at the conventional wisdom that says he much preferred to go home to California to play. "All those who say I only want to go back to California to play, that's not true,'' Sabathia said.

He said he loved batting but wouldn't go so far as to say that that preference would eliminate American League teams.

"I'll play anywhere,'' he said.

No comments: