11/4/08

LA Dodgers: Trying to miss the playoffs

Quote: According to ESPN's Peter Gammons, some Dodger officials have spread the word that Russell Martin will either be traded or moved to third base.

Between Colletti, McCourt, and Torre, I feel bad for Dodgers. The Dodgers want to move him because of a perceived attitude problem and a down year.

1. This is from the team that signed Kent and traded for Manny
2. Martin is a 25 year old, cost-controlled catcher who in the past three seasons has put up a wOBA* of .349, .370, and .353 with above average defense. Martin was 5th among MLB catchers in 2008 wOBA*. I guess those numbers, coming from a young catcher, are just not good enough for Colletti.

The thing is, it seems as if the Dodgers have really soured on him. I know the Yanks are not linked to him in a trade and I doubt they show interest, but if I was Cashman, I'd be on the phone with LA right now.

No comments: